Children love playtime more than anything else. The thought of playtime gets them all excited. Kids Playtime is not just for entertaining the kids and keeping them busy, it also helps in their development; physically and mentally. Playing is important for a child’s physical, emotional and social wellbeing. It helps them be more social with other kids and interact better with others. Kids should play not only with other children, they should also play with their parents as it helps them bond better with them.
Parents are always busy with work and barely get any time to relax, let alone spend time with their kids. It can be hard and exhausting to come from work and then give time to their family. This affects the parent-child relationship and the bonding between them. To avoid this problem, a parent should try to take out some time out of their busy day and play with their kids. Kids benefit from a good kids playtime session as it aides in their growth and development.
Here are some reasons Kids Playtime with a parent is important:
- They develop skills: Young children’s minds are like sponges, they absorb all kinds of information around them. When kids play with their parents, they learn more about the behaviour accepted in society. They learn how to behave when they are in a social setting. They learn manners and many other necessary skills by observing their parents’ behaviour.
- It helps build relationships: Playing with your kids will help them form a strong bond with you. Kids learn to trust you and it adds a level of comfort between you and your child. Playing with your child will also help them understand emotions better, which is important for building good relations and for developing their emotional intelligence.
- It guides their movement: Young children do not have great movement skills. Playtime with parents helps them learn how to conduct themselves physically and have better movement skills. Parents can guide their kids during playtime, as it is a great opportunity to teach kids important things in a fun way that they will easily learn and remember. It helps them be physically literate and be socially aware of their actions.
- Teaching the basics: As a parent, you can introduce your child to games that will teach them the basics of academics like alphabets and language. There are many kid friendly educational games that make it easy and fun for kids to learn and for parents to enjoy playtime as much as their kids. Playtime is the perfect opportunity for parents to teach their kids important life skills.
- Boosts good hormones in parents: Playing with your child is a fun and special experience. You tend to be happier around your child. This is because your body releases a hormone called oxytocin that makes you feel happy. This hormone is good for your overall mental health as it keeps you happy and reduces stress levels.