Various holidays might be an excellent opportunity to focus on crucial parts of our daily lives. The inspiration for today’s piece came from the same place. Father’s Day provided an opportunity for me to focus on my everyday commitment to “preparing children to operate properly, for themselves and their environment, in the future,” as I often say.
As a father who has been practising home education for over 16 years, I have always viewed myself as a moderator of the educational process, which involves, in addition to preparing the child for external tests, educating the child to carry out personal activities in a social and professional context of father’s.
Here are seven areas of development in which fathers can have an impact on their children’s lives:
The best approach to have an impact on your family’s home education is to love and support their teacher – their mother. Love can be expressed through words, and it is unquestionably significant. This entails practical assistance with cooking and other domestic tasks. It’s crucial to realize that homeschooling is a time-consuming emotional and physical endeavour. Even if we have full-time work, keep in mind that our wives are also full-time teachers. As a result, it is beneficial for us to divide our daily responsibilities among family members, setting an active example for children in their execution.
What is the most effective method for developing self-motivation? Spending time with someone who is strongly motivated. It’s important to understand that your motivation in various aspects of life will be mirrored in your children’s lives with scary honesty. They will perceive and reflect our motivations for doing what we do with astounding accuracy. Instilling reflection and responsibility in our children’s life begins with learning to take responsibility for your actions (old and new).
Non-formal education accounted for 60% to 80% of what the children studied in their primary school home education. The remaining 20% to 40% provided the foundation for their official academic education, which was required to pass their placement examinations, as well as a pillar for the development of their future prospects, interests, and life vocations. This proportion has shifted throughout time. My elder children were able to prepare for the Matura exam and pass it satisfactorily, allowing them to meet the previously defined objectives. Our children will not only receive the knowledge and qualifications they need to get a career, but they will also learn character-building skills by employing structured curricula.
Action That Is Consistent
Doing what needs to be done today is the first step in combining your daily routine with your exam preparation strategy. Despite the fact that the aphorism “What you have to accomplish today, do the day after tomorrow” appealed to me. You’ll get two days off! In my experience, repeatedly deferring work to a later date ensures that you will never do them. I’ve discovered that everything works better if we, as home educators, keep our goals in mind on a daily basis.
Recognize Your Own Limitations.
Every father fantasizes about being a superhero who is revered and worshipped by his family. Humbling yourself and becoming humble enough to recognize your own limitations, on the other hand, is the ideal way to guide your children to maturity. After all, no one can claim to be perfect in all areas of life. This allows you to rapidly come to the conclusion that it is important to discover people. Who are experts in specific educational skills and can help our children improve. We teach our children the vital lesson that we all need help from time to time in this way.
Acceptance based on love is essential for our children’s development. When we’re in a relationship with someone who has power or control over us, we want them to accept us just as we are. It will be the target of scorn and open mockery; for any of us grownups, it is unsettling and does not encourage character development or the motivation to enhance our own abilities. It’s the same with our children. Let’s not expect our children to be miniature versions of ourselves as homeschooling father’s. Accept them for who they are, with their own special interests, talents, and abilities
There are a lot of factors that go into determining whether or not someone is a good father’s. Each of us may become a father who is empowering, available, practically forgiving. As a result, a lifelong counsellor by improving in these seven areas.